Fundraising Committee Members
STELLAA is seeking volunteers to join the Fundraising Committee. In 2012, STELLAA is beginning its first major fundraising drive and is seeking dedicated and energetic volunteers to organize fundraising activities to meet a goal of $25,000. Fundraising delegates should have the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to work well as a team.
- Resourceful and imaginative.
- Willing to actively seek in-kind donations.
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques or training a plus.
- Be able to meet quarterly within the Greater Toronto Area. Further meetings and calls would be held on an ad hoc basis.
- Ability to think creatively; communicate well; take ownership of fundraising ideas and events
Committee Members Responsibiltiies
- Promote and develop the non-profit in order for it to grow and maintain its relevance.
- Use personal skills and experience as needed to ensure fundraising activities are well-managed and efficient.
- Comply with the requirements of legislation and other regulators (if any) which govern the activities of the non-profit.
- Act with integrity, and avoid any personal conflicts of interest or misuse of non-profit funds or assets.
- Use charitable funds and assets reasonably, and only in furtherance of the S.T.E.L.L.A.A.’s objects.
- Avoid undertaking activities that might place S.T.E.L.L.A.A.’s funds, assets or reputation at undue risk.
- Act in the best interest of S.T.E.L.L.A.A., beneficiaries and future beneficiaries at all times.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality about all sensitive/confidential information received in the course of volunteering with S.T.E.L.L.A.A.
The Chair of the Fundraising Committee is a member of the Board of Director`s and reports to the Board of
Director`s on the activities of the committee.
Committee members are unpaid, although reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be met.
If you are interested in joining our fundraising committee please forward your CV and a covering letter to joannaf (at) stellaa.org by September 30th, 2012. We plan to meet with interested candidates during the first week of October 2012.